Our next meeting will be Sunday, March 26th @ 6pm. The agenda includes:
- Updates on the Block 1129 (Dean – Carlton/Vanderbilt) green wall (no not this)
- Updates on the neighborhood parking situation
- Planning Discussion for Atlantic Yards Overview and May 2nd Community Update meeting
- June 2017 DSBA Block Party initial discussion. Discussion in three areas:
- Event planning
- Local business solicitation
- Promotion and Advertising
Location: 638 Dean Street. If possible, please RSVP via Facebook.
What: Meeting of the Directors of the Atlantic Yards Community Development Corporation, a subsidiary of the New York State Urban Development Corporation d/b/a Empire State Development.
When: Monday, November 14, 2016, at 3:00 p.m.
Where: Empire State Development
633 Third Avenue – 37th Floor Conference Room
New York, New York 10017
I represented our block association at this meeting. Our statement available november-14-aycdc-statement. Webcast here.
On Tuesday (November 1s), the Empire State Development agency along with the developer (GLFC) updated the community on recent changes and upcoming changes related to Atlantic Yards.
Read a thorough update on Atlantic Yards Report.
Three quick updates for us:
- 535 Carlton and 550 Vanderbilt will open to move-ins next month. Therefore, the green fences around those two buildings will come down and parking is scheduled to return partially. Carlton Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue (between Dean and Pacific) are the areas slated to resume old parking guidelines.
- The green fence on Dean Street between Carlton & Vanderbilt will come down at the ends of the block.
- Site B12 construction will ramp up shortly.
As always, file complaints related to construction on 311 and then AYWatch.
Thanks to the 50+ community members that joined with the 78th Precinct and Councilwoman Cumbo on October 17th at Terra CRG.
Many topics were discussed including:
- Issues with drunken Barclays Center patrons (example)
- Dogs on Dean Street Park turf
- Triangle at Flatbush, Dean and 5th Avenue
- Potential middle school within Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park
If you’d like more information, please leave your e-mail address and question in a comment to this post.
Dean Street Block Association invites you to meet with Council Member Laurie Cumbo.
WHEN: Monday, October 17th, 7:00 to 9:00 PM
PLACE: 634 Dean Street (Terra CRG)
We are hosting this meeting specifically for those who live or work near Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park. The focus will be on the new school planned for Dean Street, 6th Avenue and Pacific Streets as well as on quality of life and safety issues.
Please come to share your ideas and concerns. And bring your neighbors! Children are welcome.
From Elaine Weinstein:
As a representative of the Dean Street Association I attended the July 2016 meeting of Community Education Council 13. The main effort of the Committee that evening was to interview a potential replacement for an opening on the Committee. Additionally, the CEC reviewed the treasurer’s report and discussed project teams going forward.
I introduced myself as a representative of our group and asked whether the council had produced any reports that could be important to our block association. They said there were no reports issued but that if there were they would be posted on their website cec13.org. I plan to attend the next meeting scheduled for August 9th.
Going forward our goal is to encourage further transparency so that the community is informed of their process and decision making authority.
If anyone is interested in joining me feel free to email me.