The former HPD sites on Bergen and Dean are slated to be developed as affordable housing by the city. Join your neighbors to discuss building size, local infrastructure, open space and housing related issues.
- Do the developments have to conform to the same size as
neighboring buildings? Not necessarily.
- Can the size be reduced to expand our playground? Maybe.
- How many affordable housing units? Unknown.
- How deep will the degrees of affordability be? Likely greater than on
sites owned by private parties.
- Do we have the infrastructure to support additional new development?
- What’s your opinion?
When: Thursday, March 15th
Where: 535 Dean Street (between 6th Ave and Carlton Ave)
on the main floor, community room
— CB 8 PUBLIC HEARING & GENERAL MEETING NOTICE —
DATE: Thursday, March 8, 2018
PLACE: 1000 Dean Street (between Classon & Franklin Avenues) Brooklyn, NY 11238
TIME: 7:00 PM
- Welcome & Meeting call to order
- Roll Call
- Acceptance of Minutes
- Mr. Xaveir Shakesphere, Housing Specialist, will make a presentation on LINC—Living in the Community Program
- Public Hearing Item: Public Comments on city agency responses to Community Board 8’s Preliminary Capital and Expense Budget for Fiscal Year 2019. Please make comments on the responses to specific requests and say the agency responsible for giving the response. (Testimony will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Please review the document in advance and have your comments prepared).
- Action Items from the following Committees: Land use, SLA & Sidewalk Café Review
- Report of Committees:
- Economic Development
- Education and Youth
- Livable Streets
- Public Safety
- Old Business/New Business
- Acknowledgement of Elected Officials and Elected Official Representatives/Public Comments
Please note: The order of agenda items are subject to change.
Join us for our monthly block association meeting on Monday the 12th at 7pm.
Agenda will include:
- Updates on 535 Carlton & 516 Carlton
- HPD Parking Lot
- Help with park usage
- Block expansion
- June Block Party Planning Update
- Community Concerns
Location: 497 Dean Street, Buzzer 27.
Beer and snacks will be provided!
Please come to our first 2018 block association meeting on Monday the 22nd at 7pm.
Agenda will include:
- Status update on 516 Carlton
- Status update on 535 Carlton
- Changing DSBA By Laws
- Beginning stages of planning the 2018 block party
Location: 638 Dean Street (we’ll have beer!)
Quality of Life Meeting 2018 Schedule
- January: 23rd
- March: 6th
- May: 8th
- July: 17th
- September: 25th
- November: 13th
Location: Shirley A. Chisholm State Office Building 55 Hanson Place
1st Floor Conference Room Brooklyn, NY 11217
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
If you have any questions please contact the Atlantic Yards Team at 212-803-3736 or AtlanticYards@esd.ny.gov.
*All meetings dates are subject to change with advance notice.
2018 Quality of Life Meeting Schedule
See this news clip on our meeting with BP Adams.
ALERT / ALERT
BROOKLYN BOROUGH PRESIDENT ERIC ADAMS, WILL TOUR PROSPECT HEIGHTS ON Monday. December 18th at 3pm. We will meet in front of 535 Dean Street Street and visit several locations to give him a view of the RODENT PROBLEM WE ARE DEALING WITH. Please join us and demonstrate your concerns!!
Direct any questions to Elaine at eweinstein60 @ gmail . com