— CB 8 PUBLIC HEARING & GENERAL MEETING NOTICE —
DATE: Thursday, March 8, 2018
PLACE: 1000 Dean Street (between Classon & Franklin Avenues) Brooklyn, NY 11238
TIME: 7:00 PM
- Welcome & Meeting call to order
- Roll Call
- Acceptance of Minutes
- Mr. Xaveir Shakesphere, Housing Specialist, will make a presentation on LINC—Living in the Community Program
- Public Hearing Item: Public Comments on city agency responses to Community Board 8’s Preliminary Capital and Expense Budget for Fiscal Year 2019. Please make comments on the responses to specific requests and say the agency responsible for giving the response. (Testimony will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Please review the document in advance and have your comments prepared).
- Action Items from the following Committees: Land use, SLA & Sidewalk Café Review
- Report of Committees:
- Economic Development
- Education and Youth
- Livable Streets
- Public Safety
- Old Business/New Business
- Acknowledgement of Elected Officials and Elected Official Representatives/Public Comments
Please note: The order of agenda items are subject to change.
Join us for our monthly block association meeting on Monday the 12th at 7pm.
Agenda will include:
- Updates on 535 Carlton & 516 Carlton
- HPD Parking Lot
- Help with park usage
- Block expansion
- June Block Party Planning Update
- Community Concerns
Location: 497 Dean Street, Buzzer 27.
Beer and snacks will be provided!
After three and a half years, the 16 foot construction fence on Dean Street between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues is finally coming down. The Dean Street block association will now work to see that parking regulations are restored to the block.
FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams will tour Prospect Heights
Monday, December 18th at 3pm. We will meet in front of 535 Dean St.
Between 6th and Carlton Avenues.
This tour is to provide a view of the RODENT PROBLEM we have been dealing with in our neighborhood.
Please join us and demonstrate your concerns!!!
Monday with BP Adams (PDF).
Please be advised that on/about Saturday, November 4, 2017 between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm and on Monday, November 6, 2017 between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm, (weather and field conditions permitting), the bus stop located on Seventh Avenue and Flatbush Avenue for NYC Transit Buses B67 and B69 towards Kensington Avenue will be temporarily closed. Please board at the next available location on Seventh Avenue and Sterling Place 1/2 block further west.