- Why HPD lots matter to St. Marks, Bergen and Dean residents & next steps
- Update on discussion about unified organization for our area.
- What are your transportation related concerns?
Don’t forget! Movie Night at Dean Playground on Saturday, July 21st, from 8-10pm!
Date: Monday, July 9th
Location: 87 St. Marks Ave, between Flatbush and Carlton, up the steps
When: Monday, April 16th
Where: Industrious, 594 Dean Street between Carlton and Vanderbilt, 2nd Floor
Few NYC neighborhoods are as affected by development as our own. Vertical construction at Atlantic Yards / Pacific Park has been stalled for a year and a half, and future ownership is uncertain.
Raise your questions and concerns with the city’s Comptroller Scott M. Stringer, one of only three directly elected citywide officials in New York City. Among the Comptroller’s roles is reviewing city contracts for integrity, accountability and fiscal compliance. In February, Comptroller Stringer issued an audit of HPD calling for it to develop its vacant city owned properties into affordable housing.
What are the potential options forward for Pacific Park project and two HPD lots also now being considered for affordable housing projects?
What should our goals be?
— CB 8 PUBLIC HEARING & GENERAL MEETING NOTICE —
DATE: Thursday, March 8, 2018
PLACE: 1000 Dean Street (between Classon & Franklin Avenues) Brooklyn, NY 11238
TIME: 7:00 PM
- Welcome & Meeting call to order
- Roll Call
- Acceptance of Minutes
- Mr. Xaveir Shakesphere, Housing Specialist, will make a presentation on LINC—Living in the Community Program
- Public Hearing Item: Public Comments on city agency responses to Community Board 8’s Preliminary Capital and Expense Budget for Fiscal Year 2019. Please make comments on the responses to specific requests and say the agency responsible for giving the response. (Testimony will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Please review the document in advance and have your comments prepared).
- Action Items from the following Committees: Land use, SLA & Sidewalk Café Review
- Report of Committees:
- Economic Development
- Education and Youth
- Livable Streets
- Public Safety
- Old Business/New Business
- Acknowledgement of Elected Officials and Elected Official Representatives/Public Comments
Please note: The order of agenda items are subject to change.
Join us for our monthly block association meeting on Monday the 12th at 7pm.
Agenda will include:
- Updates on 535 Carlton & 516 Carlton
- HPD Parking Lot
- Help with park usage
- Block expansion
- June Block Party Planning Update
- Community Concerns
Location: 497 Dean Street, Buzzer 27.
Beer and snacks will be provided!
After three and a half years, the 16 foot construction fence on Dean Street between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues is finally coming down. The Dean Street block association will now work to see that parking regulations are restored to the block.