ATLANTIC YARDS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Weeks of July 20, 2009 through July 27, 2009
In an effort to keep the Atlantic Yards Community aware of upcoming construction activities, ESD and Forest City Ratner provide the following outline of anticipated upcoming construction activities.
Please note: the scope and nature of activities are subject to change based upon field conditions. All work has been approved by appropriate City and State agencies where required. In addition to the activities described below noise attenuation and vibration monitoring measures are underway in connection with the Memorandum of Environmental Commitments dated 12/08/06.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our project Ombudsperson at: 212-803-3233 or AtlanticYards@empire.state.ny.us
Long Island Rail Road/Vanderbilt Yard Work
• Assembly and launching of Trestle Bridge (BL1121)
• Installation of conduit and cable within Yard (BL1120 and 1121)
• Installation of underground water line (BL1120 and 1121)
• Work is anticipated to continue through the end of the year.
• Previously installed rigs have been replaced by small crew and pick up truck.
• Sampling on Block 1118, lot1 and Block 1119, lots 1, 64, continues
• Required Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT) has been installed
• Infrastructure work related to installation of new sewer chambers at the intersection of 6th Avenue at Pacific Street has commenced. This work is part of the first of three phases of upgraded water and sewer installations previously commenced at the site. Chamber work is expected to take 12 weeks from commencement.