Two important issues are coming to a head in the next few weeks!
Those of you who have attended our recent meetings have learned that changes to Atlantic Yards in our neighborhood are under consideration, and that Atlantic Avenue in Prospect Heights, including the McDonald’s lot, is to be up-zoned.
Come to our monthly meeting July 15th to learn more! And save the dates for two important public meetings: July 16th (Atlantic Yards) and July 23rd (M-Crown).
Please let us know if you can attend any of these meetings by responding to email@example.com
LOCATION: 535 Dean Street, ground floor community room
Block Party redux; Woodlands update; Changes to Atlantic Yards including (we speculate enlargements) of two buildings on Dean Street and a reduction in project open space; Up-zonings on Atlantic Avenue including the “McDonald’s” lot.
LOCATION: 55 Hanson Place, ground floor
- Proposed Modifications to the Atlantic Yards plans:
- B5 Design Guidelines Drawings Modification
- Clarification on Commercial Use on Residential Blocks
- Project Parking Requirement Reduction (Block 1129)
- Arena Block Bicycle Parking Reduction
- Change to Square Footage at Parcels B12 and B15
- Reduction of the Open Space North-South Walkway Width
- Ventilation Structures in Open Space
- Change to Distinctive Architectural Design Element Requirement for B9, B12, and B13
TIME: 6:30 pm
LOCATION: Downtown Brooklyn Rehab Center (CNR), corner of Classon Avenue and Park Place
CB8 is on track to approve meaningful increases in residential and commercial density for a large area currently zoned M-1 including Atlantic Avenue in Prospect Heights. The Prospect Heights portion includes the highest density in the M-Crown district. CB8 also appears to be in support of a significant bonus being given to the “McDonald’s” lot . This meeting is to discuss “physical environment aspects within 1/2 mile of the area to be rezoned, such as sidewalks, basic infrastructure, parks….”