The Dean Street Block Association (DSBA), between 6th and Vanderbilt Avenues, is an association of residents, businesses and institutions dedicated to the improvement of our community in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
Check this site (or subscribe to its newsfeed) and join our Yahoo! Group, Dean6thtoVanderbilt, for upcoming events and information about our neighborhood as well as to share opinions and information with your neighbors.
Have a suggestion, comment or correction? Please contact us.
Please see this link for full detail.
Changes to the Roadway Network:
From Monday, March 19th, 2018 at 10pm
through Friday, March 23, 2018 at 5:00AM
As part of the close out construction at 461 Dean Street, paving work will require temporary road changes.
Starting Monday night March 19th, every night until March 23rd, between 10pm to 5am the next morning, construction crews will fully close Dean Street between 6th Avenue and Flatbush Avenue in front of 461 Dean Street for street paving and striping operations.
In addition, construction crews will close 2 to 3 north bound lanes on Flatbush Avenue between Dean Street and 5th Avenue for street paving and striping operations. All impacted street areas will be reopened each morning at 5 am to regular traffic.
Flaggers and signage will be provided, as applicable, to redirect traffic and pedestrians around the work areas.
The former HPD sites on Bergen and Dean are slated to be developed as affordable housing by the city. Join your neighbors to discuss building size, local infrastructure, open space and housing related issues.
- Do the developments have to conform to the same size as
neighboring buildings? Not necessarily.
- Can the size be reduced to expand our playground? Maybe.
- How many affordable housing units? Unknown.
- How deep will the degrees of affordability be? Likely greater than on
sites owned by private parties.
- Do we have the infrastructure to support additional new development?
- What’s your opinion?
When: Thursday, March 15th
Where: 535 Dean Street (between 6th Ave and Carlton Ave)
on the main floor, community room
In association with The Financial Clinic, Fifth Avenue Committee is offering free tax preparation assistance every Saturday through April 14 from 10:00AM and 5:00PM. Assistance is by appointment only; to schedule, contact Yannerys Castillo at (718) 237-2017 ext. 164. Plan to bring a photo ID, SSN or ITIN cards for yourself, your spouse and dependents, all 2017 W-2 and 1009s, and bank routing and account information for direct deposit.
— CB 8 PUBLIC HEARING & GENERAL MEETING NOTICE —
DATE: Thursday, March 8, 2018
PLACE: 1000 Dean Street (between Classon & Franklin Avenues) Brooklyn, NY 11238
TIME: 7:00 PM
- Welcome & Meeting call to order
- Roll Call
- Acceptance of Minutes
- Mr. Xaveir Shakesphere, Housing Specialist, will make a presentation on LINC—Living in the Community Program
- Public Hearing Item: Public Comments on city agency responses to Community Board 8’s Preliminary Capital and Expense Budget for Fiscal Year 2019. Please make comments on the responses to specific requests and say the agency responsible for giving the response. (Testimony will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Please review the document in advance and have your comments prepared).
- Action Items from the following Committees: Land use, SLA & Sidewalk Café Review
- Report of Committees:
- Economic Development
- Education and Youth
- Livable Streets
- Public Safety
- Old Business/New Business
- Acknowledgement of Elected Officials and Elected Official Representatives/Public Comments
Please note: The order of agenda items are subject to change.
Join us for our monthly block association meeting on Monday the 12th at 7pm.
Agenda will include:
- Updates on 535 Carlton & 516 Carlton
- HPD Parking Lot
- Help with park usage
- Block expansion
- June Block Party Planning Update
- Community Concerns
Location: 497 Dean Street, Buzzer 27.
Beer and snacks will be provided!
After three and a half years, the 16 foot construction fence on Dean Street between Carlton and Vanderbilt Avenues is finally coming down. The Dean Street block association will now work to see that parking regulations are restored to the block.
Please come to our first 2018 block association meeting on Monday the 22nd at 7pm.
Agenda will include:
- Status update on 516 Carlton
- Status update on 535 Carlton
- Changing DSBA By Laws
- Beginning stages of planning the 2018 block party
Location: 638 Dean Street (we’ll have beer!)