The Dean Street Block Association (DSBA), between 6th and Vanderbilt Avenues, is an association of residents, businesses and institutions dedicated to the improvement of our community in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
Check this site (or subscribe to its newsfeed) and join our Yahoo! Group, Dean6thtoVanderbilt, for upcoming events and information about our neighborhood as well as to share opinions and information with your neighbors.
Have a suggestion, comment or correction? Please contact us.
Our next meeting will be Sunday, March 26th @ 6pm. The agenda includes:
- Updates on the Block 1129 (Dean – Carlton/Vanderbilt) green wall (no not this)
- Updates on the neighborhood parking situation
- Planning Discussion for Atlantic Yards Overview and May 2nd Community Update meeting
- June 2017 DSBA Block Party initial discussion. Discussion in three areas:
- Event planning
- Local business solicitation
- Promotion and Advertising
Location: 638 Dean Street. If possible, please RSVP via Facebook.
The Elsen sisters will be opening their second Brooklyn location on Dean Street between Vanderbilt and Carlton in March. Like the original Gowanus outpost, the new 10 seat pie counter will be open throughout the day, serving pies whole and by the slice plus savory hand pies, other baked goods, Stumptown coffee and tea.
For the first time, Four & Twenty will also offer a selection of beer, wine and cider chosen to pair well with pie, with offerings changing regularly to complement the pies.
The new location will also stay open later than the original cafe to offer a nighttime destination for the neighborhood, whether it’s a family outing, date night or drinks with friends.
Tentative open hours are as follows:
- Monday – Wednesday 7am – 9pm
- Thursday & Friday 7am – 11pm
- Saturday 8am – 11pm
- Sunday 8am – 9pm
634 Dean Street Prospect Heights, Brooklyn
Expected Opening Timeline: First week of March
We’re having our annual party on Sunday, December 18th.
Information Here (PDF)