The Dean Street Block Association (DSBA), between 6th and Vanderbilt Avenues, is an association of residents, businesses and institutions dedicated to the improvement of our community in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
Check this site (or subscribe to its newsfeed) and join our Yahoo! Group, Dean6thtoVanderbilt, for upcoming events and information about our neighborhood as well as to share opinions and information with your neighbors.
Have a suggestion, comment or correction? Please contact us.
At the November 14, 2016 AYCDC meeting we learned some parking will restored to the community shortly.
- 22 spots on Carlton Avenue
- 6 spots on Dean Street
- 8 spots on Vanderbilt Avenue
What: Meeting of the Directors of the Atlantic Yards Community Development Corporation, a subsidiary of the New York State Urban Development Corporation d/b/a Empire State Development.
When: Monday, November 14, 2016, at 3:00 p.m.
Where: Empire State Development
633 Third Avenue – 37th Floor Conference Room
New York, New York 10017
I represented our block association at this meeting. Our statement available november-14-aycdc-statement. Webcast here.
On Tuesday (November 1s), the Empire State Development agency along with the developer (GLFC) updated the community on recent changes and upcoming changes related to Atlantic Yards.
Read a thorough update on Atlantic Yards Report.
Three quick updates for us:
- 535 Carlton and 550 Vanderbilt will open to move-ins next month. Therefore, the green fences around those two buildings will come down and parking is scheduled to return partially. Carlton Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue (between Dean and Pacific) are the areas slated to resume old parking guidelines.
- The green fence on Dean Street between Carlton & Vanderbilt will come down at the ends of the block.
- Site B12 construction will ramp up shortly.
As always, file complaints related to construction on 311 and then AYWatch.
Thanks to the 50+ community members that joined with the 78th Precinct and Councilwoman Cumbo on October 17th at Terra CRG.
Many topics were discussed including:
- Issues with drunken Barclays Center patrons (example)
- Dogs on Dean Street Park turf
- Triangle at Flatbush, Dean and 5th Avenue
- Potential middle school within Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park
If you’d like more information, please leave your e-mail address and question in a comment to this post.
Dean Street Block Association invites you to meet with Council Member Laurie Cumbo.
WHEN: Monday, October 17th, 7:00 to 9:00 PM
PLACE: 634 Dean Street (Terra CRG)
We are hosting this meeting specifically for those who live or work near Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park. The focus will be on the new school planned for Dean Street, 6th Avenue and Pacific Streets as well as on quality of life and safety issues.
Please come to share your ideas and concerns. And bring your neighbors! Children are welcome.
Two additional examples of trucks related to the Barclays center prohibiting normal day-to-day operations.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Rosh Hashanah from the DSBA