Pacific Park Brooklyn
Community Liaison Office Relocation
Please note the Pacific Park Brooklyn Community Liaison Office (CLO) is relocating from 625 Atlantic Avenue to the trailer park located at *591 Dean Street on Monday, October 23, 2017.
The CLO will continue to be open Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm phone number & email will remain the same.
Pacific Park Brooklyn Community Liaison Office
Empire State Development
A reminder that the next Quality of Life Meeting will be held:
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 @ 6:00 PM
Shirley Chisholm State Office Building
55 Hanson Place
1st Floor Conference Room
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Monday, April 24th through Friday, April 28th beginning at 11PM
461 Dean Street
Dean Street & Flatbush Avenue
As part of construction for the Pacific Park Brooklyn project, the sidewalk & road in front of 461 Dean Street will be replaced during the overnight hours beginning on Monday, April 24th through Friday, April 28th beginning at 11PM. The hours are pursuant to DOT permits and work will occur from 11PM to 5AM.
At the November 14, 2016 AYCDC meeting we learned some parking will restored to the community shortly.
- 22 spots on Carlton Avenue
- 6 spots on Dean Street
- 8 spots on Vanderbilt Avenue
On Tuesday (November 1s), the Empire State Development agency along with the developer (GLFC) updated the community on recent changes and upcoming changes related to Atlantic Yards.
Read a thorough update on Atlantic Yards Report.
Three quick updates for us:
- 535 Carlton and 550 Vanderbilt will open to move-ins next month. Therefore, the green fences around those two buildings will come down and parking is scheduled to return partially. Carlton Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue (between Dean and Pacific) are the areas slated to resume old parking guidelines.
- The green fence on Dean Street between Carlton & Vanderbilt will come down at the ends of the block.
- Site B12 construction will ramp up shortly.
As always, file complaints related to construction on 311 and then AYWatch.
Thanks to the 50+ community members that joined with the 78th Precinct and Councilwoman Cumbo on October 17th at Terra CRG.
Many topics were discussed including:
- Issues with drunken Barclays Center patrons (example)
- Dogs on Dean Street Park turf
- Triangle at Flatbush, Dean and 5th Avenue
- Potential middle school within Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park
If you’d like more information, please leave your e-mail address and question in a comment to this post.