Please come to our block association’s holiday party! It’s a pot luck dinner with lots of food and drinks.
Everyone is welcome. Bring your family and friends!
When: Sunday, December 16th, 6:00 PM
Where: 638 Dean Street between Vanderbilt and Carlton
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
See you then!
Saturday, July 7th
Time: 7:00 – 10:30 PM
Place: Astroturf on Dean Playground
Bring your own blanket
Movies to TBA.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 10, 6:30 PM
WHERE: 78th Precinct, 65 6th Avenue (btwn. Bergen/Dean Streets)
The new operators for the Barclays Center arena are applying to the State Liquor Authority for a full liquor license to serve the estimated 18,000 patrons that will be at each arena event. But at this date, neither the arena operators nor the City has presented information to local residents about plans to control the sale and consumption of alcohol at the arena, or how such sales may affect the quality of life in surrounding neighborhoods. Keep in mind arena patrons are being routed from the arena patron parking lot to the arena via Dean and Pacific Streets.
Please go to the meeting and ask the State Liquor Authority to make Barclays Center’s operations safer for our neighborhoods with these steps:
- Stop alcohol sales 45 minutes before the end of an arena event, after half time at an NBA basketball game, or at 11:00PM, whichever comes first.
- Sales of alcoholic beverages should occur only during events.
- No more than two twelve-ounce beers, or four and a half ounce wine or cocktails should be sold per purchase.
- No sales of alcoholic beverages outdoors.
- Ask the Community Boards for a public hearing before the license is renewed so problems can be addressed.
When the Ground Breaks: Walk About Series
Walk About’s are inspired group walks led by artist, Elaine Angelopoulos into neighborhoods that hug the Atlantic Yards Project. Together we will meditate on the sites of the neighborhood and its functionality as a urban community, despite the ongoing construction nearby. Walks will occur monthly, beginning at 1pm, in front of Soapbox Gallery, located at 636 Dean Street. All Walk About’s will be an hour long. Story Collection sessions will follow from 2-3pm in Soapbox Gallery.
October 1, 2011
October 29th, 2011
November 19, 2011
December 17, 2011
January 28, 2011
RSVP by the day before, (the latest) at email@example.com.
Both events will be recorded and annotated for an upcoming webpage. (Anonymity and Privacy will be respected upon request of attendees).
Monday, August 8th, 7:30 – 9:00 pm
638 Dean Street, between Carlton and Vanderbilt
- Election of Board Officers
- New officers are always welcome. If you are interested in running, please notify the block association secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unable to attend, you can vote by proxy
- Review of the activities of last year
- MOVIE NIGHT: Saturday, August 13th in Dean Playground
YOUR INPUT IS ESSENTIAL – EVERYONE IS WELCOME
Click here to see photos
Thanks to everyone who came out and made our block party a success, with special shout outs to the organizers, BBQ grillers, face-painters, game-organizers, raffle-ticket-sellers, street-cleaners, Millie & Ed Barreto, Brad White of Primerica and DJ Felix!
Thanks to the following businesses and organizations for their generous donations!
Ample Hills Creamery
Beast Tapas Bar, Restaurant, Lounge
Cataldo’s Restaurant & Pizzeria
Christie’s Jamaican Patties
Dubai Mini Mart
FDNY Engine Co. 219 & Ladder Co. 105
Kaz An Nou French Caribbean Restaurant
Tracy Collins Photography