Community Board 8 needs to hear responses from individual community members about the proposed use of the parking lot on 6th Avenue between Dean and Pacific Streets as a “satellite uplink parking lot” for the Barclays Center.
Before the onset of the project the lot was townhouses. Now it is being used for 78th Precinct employee parking. The plan is that it be used by vans and trucks to broadcast arena events. There is a risk the operation of the lot will impact on residents. We do not know how long it will be in place.
Please send comments to Community Board 8: email@example.com
The deadline is Friday the 20th.
Please let Peter Krashes (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have sent a comment. Feel free to write what you want.
Our block association sent a letter to the community board asking for a set of conditions to improve the proposed uses’ relationship to the community. We requested the following from FCRC and the arena management:
- A party and line of command, clearly identified to the community, responsible for education, continuous monitoring, and strict enforcement of the use of this lot, especially as concerns the use of noisy equipment and illegal truck idling.
- A commitment that the sidewalk adjoining the lot will be kept clear for pedestrians at all times.
- A commitment that screening will surround the lot, and that said screening will provide a pleasant visual buffer for residents.
- Restoration of street trees on the perimeter of the lot, such as existed before the onset of the project.
- A commitment to ensure the use of only directional lighting, which will prevent off- site light intrusion for nearby residents.
See the block association letter here : Barclays Center Satellite Uplink Parking Lot Letter (pdf)