WHEN: Tuesday, April 10, 6:30 PM
WHERE: 78th Precinct, 65 6th Avenue (btwn. Bergen/Dean Streets)
The new operators for the Barclays Center arena are applying to the State Liquor Authority for a full liquor license to serve the estimated 18,000 patrons that will be at each arena event. But at this date, neither the arena operators nor the City has presented information to local residents about plans to control the sale and consumption of alcohol at the arena, or how such sales may affect the quality of life in surrounding neighborhoods. Keep in mind arena patrons are being routed from the arena patron parking lot to the arena via Dean and Pacific Streets.
Please go to the meeting and ask the State Liquor Authority to make Barclays Center’s operations safer for our neighborhoods with these steps:
- Stop alcohol sales 45 minutes before the end of an arena event, after half time at an NBA basketball game, or at 11:00PM, whichever comes first.
- Sales of alcoholic beverages should occur only during events.
- No more than two twelve-ounce beers, or four and a half ounce wine or cocktails should be sold per purchase.
- No sales of alcoholic beverages outdoors.
- Ask the Community Boards for a public hearing before the license is renewed so problems can be addressed.